The Yerevan History Museum holds many documentary materials about the life of the city from ancient times to the present day. Archaeological, ethnographic, numismatic collections of the museum contain more than 90 000 exhibits. Paintings, documents and photographs are also kept in the museum. Founded in 1931, the museum occupied the building of the Blue Mosque for a long time. In 2005, the collection was transported to the building of Yerevan Municipality.
There is an elevator at for the entrance to the museum. The visitors with mobility impairments using wheelchair must pass two steps to reach the elevator. Therefore it is better to visit the museum with an accompanying person. There are no specially equipped toilets in the building.