The Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute

The museum was opened in 1995 in commemoration of the 80th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide carried out by the Ottoman Turkey in 1915. The two-storey museum building sits on the hill of Tsitsernakaberd where erected is the Memorial to the Genocide Victims. There are three exhibition rooms located on the second floor. The exposition includes documents and photographs revealing the history of preparation and implementation of the genocide by the ruling circles of Turkey, which claimed the lives of one and a half million Armenians. Materials of various international organizations and state bodies that condemned the genocide are also presented in the museum.
On the first floor, there is a library, a document storage, a conference hall, and several working rooms – after all, the museum is also a scientific center for studying the history of the Armenian Genocide.


It is recommended to visit the Armenian Genocide Museum with an accompanying person. For guests with a wheelchair, the entrance is separate from the main entrance and is from the parking lot. The museum has specially equipped toilet rooms.