Ararat Museum

The production of the legendary Armenian brandy was established by the merchant Nerses Tairyan in 1887.  It was acquired by the Russian company “N.L. Shustov and Sons” in 1887, which, at the beginning of the 20th century, became the official supplier of the Armenian brandy to the Imperial Court of His Majesty Nikolas II.  The company production was the winner of various awards of excellence at international exhibitions, including the one held in cognac motherland – France. Neither revolution nor war could affect the quality of the brandy produced here – Winston Churchill’s favourite drink. In 1953, the Yerevan Brandy Company changed its location; it was moved to a new monumental building – designed specifically for the factory – where ArArAt brandy is produced to this day. Since 1998, the Yerevan Brandy Company has been part of Pernod Ricard Group, the world leader in the production of premium alcoholic beverages. Thanks to cooperation with the international concern, the legendary brand of ArArAt has not only preserved its traditions, but also gained new opportunities for further development and innovations, as well as strengthened its position in the global market. You will learn all this and more at the ArArAt Museum, functioning at the factory, where be sure to taste several kinds of the real Armenian brandy offered at the end of the tour.


To visit the museum of the cognac factory, the staff of the museum will attach a portable ramp at the entrance. Therefore, it will be better to arrange the issue while registering for the excursion. There are special toilet rooms on the first and second floors. The building has an accessible lift which makes possible to visit the tasting room and the store.